Friday 20 June 2008

I was reflecting this morning on a number of incidents over the lat couple of days. It all came about when I took a Dave Kurlan (tm) assessment of myself as a sales person. I loved the results, particularly as there were 2 areas for improvement that I could act on immediately ( I always knew deep down they were there but needed a jolt) and that's propelled me into doing something about starting this business with Gerry.

We have spoken, formally and informally to number of people about what we have decided to do - which is use the Dave Kurlan(tm) systems to help senior management point their salesforce in the best direction and fire silver bullets, not lead pellets.

Dave talks about uncovering the hidden barriers to sales. And we will be developing that.

Anyway back to reflection. We are doing something substantially different, with measurable outcomes which, anecdotally at least, is needed; but, everytime we do something someone tries to put up a barrier. Most along the lines of "it won't work here".

Except for the SD I have just phoned who has almost bitten my arm off.

No comments: